Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Creating Writing Week 3 - Free write for 10 minutes about anything


Today was a good day.  I woke up and went to my Physical therapist.  It is amazing to me how people heal.  I have been going to my PT for about 5 months now after a spinal surgery.  When I started going I could barely walk it was my 8th week out of surgery.  I met Alan Gruber and knew he was the one that was going to help me.  I had seen several others for interviews but no one seemed right.  Until my husband and I went to Alan.  He came highly referred to us through the Chiropractic community.  My husband is a Chiropractor.  Today when I was there I met this guy and thought wow he is friendly.  Asking me how I was feeling and said wow you are looking better.  After a bit of a conversation I realized it was a guy that I have been talking to for about 3 months.  He was on blood thinners so his doctor told him that he was not allowed to shave or he would literally with the smallest cut bleed for hours.  It was very dangerous.  So he had grown quite and beard and his hair was a bit longer.  Today he was clean shaven with a haircut as well.  I just couldn’t believe the dramatic difference.  In 3 month we both came from barely walking to looking like normal people again.  It is just amazing to me how the body heals itself if you take care of it. 
I am going to school now for my Mind, Body, Wellness diploma with a nutrition license.  I have about 11 months left.  Sometimes that seems super long and other times it seems just close enough to touch.  I guess the difference in the feeling is if I am taking a class that is going very smooth, or if I am taking a class that is challenging me and then I get a little hard on myself.  The classes are a huge challenge to me when they are not in the specific area that I want to go into.  Although I know that I need them to be well rounded in the end to graduate.  I am looking forward to graduating and opening a wellness/nutrition center.  My husband as I mentioned earlier is a Chiropractor so we think integrating nutrition and wellness to his practice will be a great addition to what he already offers. 
I have a daughter that is 10.  She is in 5th grade and is now taking her AIMS testing.  She is a straight A student and I am so proud of her for that. 
Timed stopped at 10:13.7

I am very surprised that this was a ton easier than I thought it would be.  I guess I have the gift for gab.  Ha ha

Casey Grant 

1 comment:

  1. You will be a tremendous healer Casey and have some meaningful testimonials to provide, starting with yourself!
    God bless ~

    ReplyDelete