Thursday, April 11, 2013


Creative Writing Sample Week 2: Casey Grant

I seek inspiration in my daily life by God, my family, my studies, exercise, and appreciating what I have.  Being grateful everyday gives me inspiration to try my best.  I have always struggled with writing freely because I tend to over think things.  Once I start writing I notice it becomes easier.  If I write freely, and just get it down on paper it seems to be easier for me.  Then I  go back and proof it.  I have found this class a challenge for that reason.  I also find it challenging to talk about myself, and my accomplishments.  If you asked me to write something about one of my family members or friends I would have no problem writing it for them.  I noticed I got that same response from my trusted friends, and family when they were proofing my blog for me it was easier for them to critique my writing once it was down on paper.  It is really neat to see the accomplishment when it is done.  For instance, the discussion question for this week: writing a news article, I finished it today.  I have been pondering what to write about all week and working on it in my head.  Today, I was finally able to get it into a formation and complete it.  This class is a welcoming challenge. 
I do think my inspiration guides my writing style.  I write from my heart.  I am very honest, upfront, and I have a huge heart.  That guides me in how I write and what I write about.  I care for people.  My husband always tells me to stop worrying so much for those around me that I don’t even know and worry about myself for once.  I said, “I can’t.  This is who I am!”  If I can put a smile on someone’s face each day then that is a great day for me.  I love to spoil my family and friends.  I think that is what life is about. 
I don’t think my writing style blocks my inspiration.  I think I get writer’s block, but I feel that is two different things.  Just like meditation and prayer was hard for me at first so is this public speaking class.  As I get more comfortable within myself doing a technique it flows easily.  I am the type of person that likes to master the things I do.  I like to be great at everything mediocre is not acceptable.  I try to pass that onto my child as well.  We must strive to be our very best everyday.  I feel this motivation will pass through me onto my clients and they will work hard for me, and themselves.  It is proven people will try 10 times harder for someone else then they will try for themselves.  I want to be that motivation to my clients for them to succeed in their personal goals.

Casey Grant 

No comments:

Post a Comment